CONTEMPORARY GALLERY AC ECKA - ZRENJANIN

adress: Subotićeva 1 ,23000 Zrenjanin, Srbija
exhibicion: Trg slobode 7, 23000 Zrenjanin, Srbija
          phone: 023/562-566, 561-775, 562-593

ART GALLERY EČKA

 

 


CONTEMPORARY GALLERY ZRENJANIN


Miloš Milićević i Goran Simjanovski
REFLEKSIJE

27. 02 - 29. 03. 2017.


27th of February - 3rd of March 2017

more details

In 1958 Contemporary Gallery of Art Colony in Ečka was founded taking charge of the fund of Art Colony Ečka. In 1962, the first Arts Council of the colony was formed whose members were, among others, significant cultural figures of the time, Miodrag Kolarić, the then research associate of the National Museum in Belgrade, Milivoj Nikolajević, the head of Matica Srpska in Novi Sad, Aleksandar Zarin, sculptor, Alexander Luković, a painter and assistant professor of the Academy of Fine Arts in Belgrade. That same year the first statute of the institution was adopted and the first Director of the Art Colony and Contemporary Gallery, Tivadar Wanyek, was appointed, a painter from Zrenjanin and "a pioneer in the creation of this institution." Finally in 1964 Contemporary Gallery got its first showroom in Zrenjanin. Over time, a large number of significant Serbian and Yugoslav artists stayed in Art Colony Ečka (Vasa Pomorišac, Predrag Peđa Milosavljevic, Ivan Tabaković, Ivan Radović, Jovan Bijelić, Miodrag B. Protić, Zoran Petrović, Aleksandar Luković, Mladen Srbinović, Stojan Ćelić Dragutin Cigarčić, Lazar Vozarević, Lazar Vujaklija, Milenko Šerban, Nedeljko Gvozdenović, Nikola Graovac, Milan Konjović, Milun Mitrović, Živojin Turinski, Olga Jevrić, Aleksa Čelebonović, Miodrag Mića Popović and many others) and the fund was also enriched with donations of state institutions, the most significant being donation of the Federal Executive Council in 1963. This way, works of artists who did not reside in the colony (Beta Vukanović, Stojan Aralica, Petar Lubarda, Vladislav Šilja Todorović, Avgust Černigoj, Ferdinand Kulmer and others) entered the collection as well. This way of collecting works of art not only enabled following the work of the colony in Ečka but also provided an overview of Contemporary Art in Yugoslavia (and Serbia) from 1946 until today. Until the founding of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade in 1965, the collection of Art Colony in Ečka was the only place in Serbia where significant works of artists from former Yugoslavia could be seen in one place.